Saturday, February 17, 2018
The problem child Anvil Block got finished, blocks corrected in the layout so they all faced the same way, and sashed. I went right to work getting this one DONE. I used up some 'stray' light grey JR strips for the inner sashing and the inner border was just enough of 'stray' white JR strips. The little bit of those was chopped up into my barrel system.
The tropical print was something that come home with me when our guild had their 'stash swap' night. It's not something I would buy or use, but it worked with this quilt for the outer border. AND I hate borders and this is probably the widest border (9.5") I have ever put on a quilt. BUT, it was to use that print up. Cutting the length of the good size yardage of this made it so I didn't have to match/piece the strips. I had just a 2.5" strip left from the cutting and the small bit that was trimmed to length of border. Those were cut down into my barrel system, too.
Now it is in the 'to-be-quilted' pile; which is growing.
This quilt full-fills the color purple for RSC18, the Pantone Color of the Year quilt, and the block pulled for my Scrap Attack project.
Thursday, February 15, 2018
Wednesday was a day of more 'un-sewing' than sewing. I had to take a break. I did get the next temperature rosette together - finally in the right order. Those are a dusty blue, but look white - ah well.
22 - 21 - 18 - 36 - 36 - 28 -24
** linking to Sarah Did It **
This was my true nemesis for stitching!! I made 20 blocks and do you know - it was the 20th block that I took apart three times and re-stitched wrong three times - again. I walked away. Then I went back to it and even though I had those blocks laid out, yes - I turned some the wrong way when I attached sashings. I'm sure you folks have had one of those days or projects. Just out to bite you!! BUT, it is at the stage of the final border and as much as I detest borders - that puppy is getting on this so it is finished.
I did get this lovely in our Quilt Guild postcard swap at Tuesday night's meeting. I have been yearning for my flowers and how nice I got this sweet postcard. Plus, it was made by our longest term member which means a lot to me.
Monday, February 12, 2018
I want to start working on the next BOM Challenge block. I have the bias vine ready for some hand stitching. This shouldn't take long to do so I have another project to work on.
All of the units are ready for the last 6 purple Anvil blocks. I might start adding the sashing, too.
I am hoping that it is not too icy today so I can get out for some grocery shopping. Seriously - we had people who could not get up our lane yesterday because it was a sheet of ice. I can make do, but I despirately need to get out of the house!
Saturday, February 10, 2018
I finished another six Anvil Blocks so now have twelve done. A big difference in the shades of purple and I hope it all plays nice in a quilt.
The plan is for a 4 x 5 setting with sashing/corner stones and everything is cut. I hope to get at least four more made today. I have some other commitments that have priority or I would finish this whole thing up this weekend. Hey, there's still time in this short month so why rush.
We are in a 3 day spell of snow and ice - I won't step my foot off the porch! The furkids and I are going into Cabin Fever Mode right now.