Monday, October 25, 2010

Still Scrappin'

I have three scrap quilts ready for machine quilting.  I quilt on my domestic machine - a long arm is in the future.

One is my second Brown Bag Quilt - I must admit this is the first quilt I've made using 30's repros, but paired up with Kona Snow and it sewed like butter (photo of one block).

The string quilt is my "Broken Crayons" and I am showing the back of the quilt.  Do you take care in pressing?  I promise you will see the entire front when finished.  Proper pressing really aids in getting nice, evenly blocked squares and aid in the quilting process. 

And the Spider Web block quilt I thought would helped to "beat" down that scrap bin, but I probably could get four more out of it.  Yes I love the look of a scrappy border.





I have pledged to not start anything else until I get these finished.  That will be hard for me - I LOVE having several projects going at the same time. 

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

4 comments:

A mom said...

WOW Sharon! Did you stop to eat or sleep? I was working pretty hard on my scrap quilt for Jodi's sew scrap along, but don't quite have all my blocks done.

They are all so beautiful!

Jo Anna

Kris said...

Sharon - The two tops are great!! Is the Spider web block paper-pieced??? Love it!! And your 1930's block is darling!!! Can't wait to see that full quilt!!! Did you see I put your blog on my sidebar?? :-)))

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Jo Anna - I am an insomniac, so I sew the night away. Kris you are a sweetie. The spiderweb block is from Bonnie Hunter's Quiltsville site - I use old phone book paper.

Shannon said...

Wow I love all the quilts. The 30f fabric is so cute. I LOVE the Broken Crayons. I would like to do one of these. Is it easy? How do you do it? I want to make a spider web quilt as well. Nicely done!