Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Wishes


I will be guest blogging over at Sew We Quilt tomorrow - Dec 22. I wish you all will pop in and give a wave. Some other wishes......


...have been filled. This is our local Elementary School gym. Filled with donated items for 'Adopt a Family' for the Holiday Wishes project. I am so impressed with the giving of this community that has suffered so from Irene. These were handed out during a free 'Family Portrait' day at school.


And my wish to play with my grandson with our Christmas Village (entry in SewCalGal's Holiday Quilt Show) project wallhanging was fullfilled. A few additions to the Bakery Block when he visited last. Linking up with Marcia's Minutes for Me and Sarah's Whoop,Whoop.


And my sewing machine was wishing I would come play with her. So I did today with the new block for the Fat Quarter Star Quilt Along. This is a template pieced block - don't think the templates print out to size correctly and a lot of bias edges made this a stinker of a block.

TRAVELING STASH

Box #1 - is heading to Becky at The Quilting BookLady

Box #2 - is heading to Ali at A Squared

Box #3 - being given away at Linda's Stray Stitches and comments close 8pm on Dec 22.

CLOSING THOUGHT

Unless there is something urgently important to report, I will be 'blog absent' until after the Holidays. So here is wishing:

Christmas wishes tried and true
I'm sending now, just for you...
a little love, a little cheer,
and wishes for a great New Year!
Hope Santa brings you gifts galore
with more surprises still in store.
May all your Christmas dreams come true
and may God's blessings be yours too!

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

21 comments:

Christine M said...

Merry Christmas to you too Sharon. Enjoy your holidays and we'll "catch up" in the new year! Hugs, Christine xx

Anonymous said...

Merry xmas to you Sharon and your loe ones and a safe and happy new year,take care.xx

Pauline G said...

Christmas wishes to you and your family - enjoy the holiday - its been great getting to know you.

Linda said...

Sharon, I think I am ready for the traveling stash box. How does it work again? I also wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

Michele said...

Merry Christmas to you! I hope we get a chance to meet in person soon in the coming year.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

I will be taking time off during the holidays too. Merry Christmas to you, Sharon, and to your loved ones :)

Sarah Craig said...

I'll see you tomorrow at SWQ! Have a wonderful Christmas, Sharon!

Belinda said...

I'll be sure to wave really big Sharon! Looking forward to it. Glad your wishes came true.

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

the block may have been tricky..but looks perfect..as usual!
Merry Christmas to you too!
See you again in the New Year!

Snoodles said...

Merry Christmas, Sharon, I'll be taking a time-out, too! Have a blessed celebration!

Denise :) said...

I'll be sure to drop in tomorrow and see your creation -- I can't wait!! :)

Sheila said...

Sweet house/tree block! Love it.
SO many earth bound angles in your community.
I'm looking forward to you guest post tomorrow on Stash Manicure :D
Merry Christmas, Sharon. I hope you, your Mother and your family have a Merry Christmas.

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

I will hop over to Sew We Quilt tomorrow to give you a wave and greeting!
Cool that you had some Minutes to play! Thanks for Linking up to the Minutes for Me party!
Cool about all the donations for the families! Wonderful!
Have a wonderful Holiday! Merry Christmas!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Merry Christmas Sharon!! I see you got your block together.

I spent most of the evening trying to draw it in EQ and then my printer didn't want to print.

We'll see if I did it right maybe tomorrow.

Miss Hillbilly said...

Glad all your Christmas wishes came true! I'll get over to your Sew We Quilt post eventually.

rubyslipperz1052 said...

MANY loving, heartfelt wishes are "cyber-flying" their way to you...and your family!!

Your wishes...come true, are just the blessing recieved "back atcha" for all of the many, many wonderful things that you do for others.

love and best wishes,
annie

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Your Holiday Wishes project looks like it did a wonderful job! Your Christmas Village is too sweet! I finished my block for the QAL too and I didn't care for working with templates. Your block looks great!

BunkHouseQuilts said...

Glad to see you Christmas wishes. That gym photo is amazing. Warms my heart. There's nothing like a small community to really show what caring is all about.
Merry Christmas!

Sarah Craig said...

How wonderful to see that room full of donations! Isn't it amazing how people come together in adversity? I'm so glad all your Christmas wishes came true! Whoop whoop and merry Christmas!!

Sue Daurio said...

It just warms a heart to see that room full of donations, especially knowing what your area has been through. That block doesn't look like it was a stinker at all, it looks sweet as can be! Hope you have the merriest of holiday seasons!!

Christine L said...

Hoping your holidays are going great! Loved your tutorial over at Sew We Quilt! :)