Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Mini Quilts


Well, by my postal confirmation slip - my  doll quilt got to it's destination.  The monthly theme was 'Harvest' but I went with a Fall theme.  The little crow is a Regina Grewe free pattern and the pumpkin I found in my box of printed off patterns so no tribute.  I received this lovely little 'woodsy' girl fabric in a win maybe a couple of years ago and auggghhhh can't remember from who.  But it was time to use it - and yes, bits of scraps from the stash.

*linking to RichardQuilts link a finish and Sarah's Whoop-Whoop


And the back is  a full piece of the fabric.  My label stitched and dolly is dressed in scraps from the quilt.  A mix of machine and hand quilting was used.


I finished up Pam Buda's recent  little Basket Stars quilt along.  I used all scraps for this too, some of the fabric is from another quilter and is rather old - no print on the selvedge, so I can't name the line or designer.  Straight stitch quilting, some tied, and little bitty buttons in the center of each star block.


And my poor New Home power work horse of a machine started limping - at a rather bad time too - so she is heading off to the 'hospital' for repair today.  So the little back up came out.  Oh, my SIL and I laughed every time I ran it.  I swear it sounds worse than my blender chopping ice cubes!!!  But it has a nice even stitch and constant 1/4" seam line - so piecing will work.  This is the back to my Schnibble 'Speck" - decided to piece some of those pretty daisy strips.  Yes, after every whir and chunka-chunka (and fits of laughter), we went to the computer to browse sewing/quilting machines and compare, price, and make wish lists ...............

TRAVELING STASH WINNER


Yes, the snowflake LARGE mugs came out as it has gotten rather cool at night - and that hot chocolate with extra marshmallows just works so well in these.  NO I don't want to see snow yet!  Congratulations to The Slow Quilter - ohhhh - a newbie to the traveling stash, too.  I will be sending her an e-mail for post information and off that box will go.  Thank you to all who posted comments - keep an eye on the 'luggage' button as hopefully a few more boxes will be on the move soon.

CLOSING THOUGHT


Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

13 comments:

Denise :) said...

Man!! That Traveling Stash is *so* stinking elusive!! Your mini swap quilt is darling! And so's your Basket Stars quilt. Minis are such fun!! :)

Shannon said...

I love your harvest doll quilt!!! With the pumpkin and mushrooms it feels very harvesty. I imagine the flying geese as farm plots and the crows flying over looking for goodies. So cute!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful wall hanging Sharon and I love the little crow of Reginas!!

Quilter Kathy said...

Such a darling fall quilt!
And I love your stars...I just realized that is where I got the idea for my dotty block layout...from the Temecula star sew along! I better get my stars finished!!

Terri said...

Loved the closing thought!
Hugs

Jane's Quilting said...

Such a great idea to make mini quilts and doll quilts. I love the Harvest one the best. Thanks for sharing, you gave me great ideas.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Both of your little quilts are wonderful. Love the Regina Grewe crow :) Hope your machine is back to working order soon.

SIMPLESEW said...

adorable,, it has given me an idea with some xmas fabric.. thank you

The Slow Quilter said...

Thank you for the win, I have sent my info. Love the mini quilt. I usually have to keep severl machine in the house just in case they want to take a break.

Michele said...

So sorry the work horse isn't into working at the moment. Hopefully it isn't anything serious. I'm sure the "machine shopping" was exciting.

Thearica said...

Don't you just hate machine trouble! arrgg

Love that mini harvest quilt!

Lesley said...

Love your quilts...the Fall doll quilt is scrumptious, and the little oll adds so much to your treasures! Love your Pam quilt...and what a great idea to add little buttons! Looking forward to seeing your Speck!

Shannon said...

Your doll quilt is so cute. What a great way to use that fabric. The crow is great!!