Thursday, May 29, 2014

May For Me Partings


It's hard to believe that the month is nearly over, but what a great May it has been.  Unplugging replenished self - we can walk away from all that technology.  Lots of walks, more time outdoors, little day trips, and a wonderful visit with the grands. And time spent with my daughter, who I could hug along with that new grand to-be - it's a girl!  I have time to do some shopping for girly fabrics, so use to that boy and manly quilting.


Still de-junking and trying to down size inventory in the shop with a two month sale.  Remember these little goodies?  Well......


I've gotten this far with them, and seeing the photo - I need to fix that middle row.  So not a border person, but this will have a black border and then a red border (black binding).  I have enough of the gray (sashing) with a pieced off-set strip (use up those few left overs) for the back.

RECIPE


Micro-Wave Chocolate Cup Cake For One

Ingredients:
  • ¼ cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
  • ¼ tsp. baking powder
  • 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
  • ⅛ tsp. salt
  • ¼ cup + 1 tbsp. milk
  • 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
  • 1 tbsp. hazelnut chocolate spread (optional)
Instructions:
  1. In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
  2. Whisk in the milk and vegetable oil until all ingredients are combined and batter has no clumps. (you could mix in the mug, but this gives you more room and who doesn't like to like a bowl)
  3. Pour batter into a microwave-safe mug. (recommend at least a 14-ounce mug as you want enough space for the cake to rise without pouring over.)
  4. Add 1 tbsp. of hazelnut chocolate spread in the middle of the batter. Just drop it in the middle, no need to push it down into the batter.
  5. Place a paper towel into the microwave and set the mug on top (this is to catch any batter if your mug cake overflows).
  6. Microwave mug cake for 70 seconds on high (wattage of your microwave may require adjustment-mines high wattage)
  7. Carefully remove from microwave (that cup is HOT) and enjoy!
Option - omit spread or try other flavors - peanut butter, biscotti, vanilla, almond, etc... 


I want to thank all of you who helped me enjoy my May For Me this year.  And remember take time to unplug once in a while, do something for yourself, and enjoy those little moments.

The winner of the 'Oh, Pinwheels' kit is #13 - of all my give aways using Random (wish I knew how to get that widget to post) I have never had 13 come up - so lucky 13 is:


Quilting Babcia said...
Me time - those few moments, an hour if I'm lucky, late in the evening when I can sit down and do some hand quilting. One of my favorite blocks is pinwheels, one day I'll take all my scraps and make an entire queen size quilt of just pinwheel blocks. Hope you have a wonderful birthday!

I will be contacting for mailing information.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon 



16 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I'm seriously thinking of unplugging for the summer....:) It's a girl!! Congratulations. My grandkids will be here in a week. This year they are 11, 12, 14, and 15. The youngest a boy. Poor kid....giggle.

Love your stars!

Sheila said...

Yah! A girl! Stars coming along nicely. I love star blocks and quilts.
Thanks for the yummy recipe :D

Sheila said...

Yah! A girl! Stars coming along nicely. I love star blocks and quilts.
Thanks for the yummy recipe :D

Anonymous said...

Wow Sharon awesome news,congrats.xx

Christine M said...

Sounds like you've been enjoying yourself, Sharon.

QuiltSue said...

That recipe looks wonderful. I'll definitely be giving that a try.

Gill said...

Congratulations to the lucky winner!
Thanks for the chocolate recipe - I shall be trying it!

Lesley said...

Glad that May was such a good month, especially for family. Congrats on the news of a little granddaughter on the way...awesome!

Pauline G said...

Oh a girl ! - can't wait to see what you come up with. Congratulations to daughter and hope she is well

Dana Gaffney said...

Congratulations Quilting Babcia, that's a beautiful kit.
And congratulations to you Sharon, a girl, you're going to have fun making all those pretty girly things.

Kate said...

Congratulations on the new addition to the family.

Love your variable star quilt and really like how you did the sashing.

Quilting Babcia said...

Congratulations on the new grand! Always so much fun to make little girl quilts, and you're already an expert with dolls and dolly quilts! And thanks so much for brightening my early morning coffee time with the news that I won! Love pinwheels and this kit looks like such fun to make.

Createology said...

Oh blissful to read that your May for Me unplugging was a success. I will be doing this in June...no technology tools to allow my time to dissolve into thin air. That little cupcake sounds yummy! Congratulations for taking time for you and family and fun. Blessings...

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

Thanks for the recipe! Can't wait to try it.

Denise :) said...

Congratulations to you on the new granddaughter!!! Yay!! And congrats to Quilting Babcia, too! Unplugging is lovely, isn't it?? Hugs!! :)

Joanna said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your month and thank you for including all of us in the fun. Congrats to Babcia.