Thursday, January 1, 2015

Let's Book It - 2015


Yes, there will be Let's Book It this year.  So go browse those book shelves (you can dust them while you're there), pull a few books, magazines, patterns...........  Rediscover those hidden treasures.


We all have those books that probably the cover is what caught our eye.  Or maybe it was a new techniques you wanted to try.


Or maybe it was something you saw on the internet, copied and stored away.


I'll be honest with you all - yup - all projects taken off the net and never used.  I went thru these 6 notebooks and now I am comfidently down to just 2.  I felt like I had to save everything when I started out - silly.  80% of the paper will be re-cycle print (paper piecing gold).  Some projects I set aside to see if students might like.


Or those magazines that are just piling up.  I have to admit - these are the only magazines I have and they were give to me (borrowed) as I plan on using them somewhere during the year for Book It.


Those patterns that called...................


and more patterns that called.  And yes, lets make it any fiber play.  Chrochet, knitting, bag making, clothing, cross stitch, embroidery - we quilters do more than just quilt.   And if you select a project that will take some time to complete, please feel free to use it over the months - just show us your progress.  Yes, that is some of my quilt books piled there.  As part of my 'slow December', I revisited my books and patterns and there was some purging done.


This year's Charm Pin will be this really cute antique sewing machine - love it!  And a whole new (and some are really new to the distributor) set of charms. An end of the month linky is held for show off (and you don't have to have a finish, so relax)  and to pick a winner of the pin/charm.

So pull those treasures, pick a project, and join us.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

16 comments:

sewyouquilt2 said...

I just finished up a project that I printed a long time ago from Missouri quilts. it is a purse and I am so glad I did it. thanks for the inspiration!

Kat Scribner said...

Speaking of charms, this is a most charming post. Delightful. I can't believe you don't have magazines. Oh boy, do I have magazines! but, alas I did give up buying them. But i love my books. I love looking thru them and dreaming what i will make, and never enough time in the day. I am not into charm collecting, but the old tyme sewing machine is wonderful.

Anthea said...

Hello Sharon - I have seen your Let's Book It on blogs I read, so I've decided it would be a great idea to join in during 2015 - I too have a lot of 'stuff' that needs to be purged, so I can really see what wonderful books & patterns remain!
I look forward to linking up!

Terry said...

I used to do the same thing...print off every pattern I saw on the internet. I sorted through them a while back and now I have a ton of scrap paper to use for notes and such.

Kate said...

I'm glad you are going to continue Let's Book It for another year. I'm still working on my first Let's Book It project, but hopefully I'll get to the point where I can show some real progress, not just all the pieces.

Needled Mom said...

I'd hate to tell you how many printed off patterns I have of projects that I'd like to make someday. Happy New Year.

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

great Idea! My goal this year is to do those projects that I bought fabric for, but never got started. Of course for some of them, I cant remember what my plan was, so this is great, I will dig out some old magazines and patterns and start planning
Happy New Year Sharon!

Dana Gaffney said...

You made me feel better about the one but really thick binder I have. I think I'll start on that once the magazines have been purged. That sewing machine is really cute.

Judy@Quilt Paradigm said...

I actually have a quilt on my list to make this year that is from one of my many books, yay! I can't start until Feb though. It is of course NOT the quilt I wanted to make when bought the book :)

Barbara said...

Yep. All of the above. I have huge notebooks full of patterns, and yes, I thought I needed to save everything. My eyes were definitely bigger than my sewing machine. After collecting notebook after notebook of patterns, I told myself I couldn't put in anything new unless I took out something old. That worked, but the notebooks still exist. The part of quilting no one ever talks about because it is too embarrassing and outs us as the pattern hoarders we really are.

Lynne said...

I. Looking forward to joining in during 2015 -- hopefully a lot more regularly than in 2014! Thanks for hosting!

Joanna said...

Happy New Year. I'm glad you are continuing this, and I really hope to participate for often. But I wish I could say I only had two magazines - mine take up too much real estate and need to be weeded out. Also happy about the opening up of the crafts.

Denise :) said...

Ummmm....can it be something we saw in someone else's post that caught our eye?? Like the Joyeux Noel tree stitchery???! LOL! Happy New Year, Sharon!

Sherry said...

I have been reading about this since your first post and decided this is the year to get started on some of those many patterns, books and all the other wonderful sources of inspiration I have been collecting. So thanks a bunch for continuing your "Let's Book It" Program. I am anxious to get started on my first project!

Quiltsmiles said...

Happy New Year Sharon! I plan on playing along this year with you. Watched from the sidelines last year and know that with your incentives, should be the gentle nudge I need, thanks. Jane

Wilma Lee said...

Ok. So you just find a book or something and try to make something from it? Every month? Sounds fun to me.