Thursday, October 22, 2015

Time to Play


I finished up the bindings on those three big quilts.  This is the Lozenges Bonnie Hunter finish challenge.  I'm sure this one will be staying with me as my furkids really love it and it was a great travel companion.



This one I LOVE and used up the last of my sons' flannel shirts. I've set this aside for future donation. I like working with de-boned shirts and will have to keep watching the local thrift shop now that my supply is gone.

The third quilt I can't show because it was a test pattern - the one that ate my finger - but it is bigger than these two.  It will be saved for an up coming Spring wedding gift.



Now it's time to play.  I dug thru my FQ totes and have several of Valerie Wells little wallets ready to assemble.  These make great presents with gift cards tucked inside - yes, that season is upon us.



My furkids found the cuddle blanket on the couch a perfect spot for the day's nap (cold and rainy day) so I had use of the table to dump my 1.5" squares.  I wanted to get started on my 'Let's Book It' project and could also pull/sort some of  these for the Tucker sew along.



I'm changing the 'Let's Book It' pattern up a little, but I managed to get those center rails paper pieced.  I have some skinny strips of white left over fom an old project ready for the next step and then I will have to pull my string tote for finishing the corners.  


  
And still playing with those tinies - working tiny is fun for me, sorry.  This is a project that has been a travel piece - a scrappy Irish Chain.  I have rows, twosies, parts in a jumble so I want to at least get them into the two blocks - maybe even some more rows.

There are several Hops in progress (see side bar) and I just caught the Fall Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's.  October 23-29 is link up and vote for viewer's choice.  So get those quilts linked up people.  It's our way of getting to participate in Quilt Market (which most of us can't attend).

Find time to play today,
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

15 comments:

Debbie said...

As proof that I read what you write, Sharon. August 23 should be October! Sorry to sound like a proofreader, but that's what I am! I haven't joined BQF for a while, but do enjoy reading other's entries. Love the lozenges quilt!

Christine M said...

Your quilts look great, Sharon. I love your Lozenges one. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Christine xx

Sheila said...

Love your Lozenges Quilt. Looks huge! The men's flannel shirt quilt look so cozy! Cute little wallet pattern. Great idea for gifts.
Can't imaging working with 1.5" squares, much less 1.5" HST's. But I'm going to thoroughly enjoy watching you play with yours. As well as your Let's Book It project and tiny 20 patch blocks. So much fun going on at your house. Cool post.

margaret said...

2 lovely quilts, shirt quilts are all the rage here in the UK too, think there must be hardly any shirts left n the charity shops now! You are certainly working with tiny scraps fiddly but you are enjoying the process

Lesley said...

Wow, your quilt tops are fabulous! Especially love the flannel quilt...gorgeous! Have fun playing with your next batch of projects!

sewyouquilt2 said...

wow love all your quilts. I need to get a move on . my lozenge quilt is calling me.

Dana Gaffney said...

I love the flannel shirt one too, I'm surprised that the fur babies haven't claimed that one, have you kept it hidden from them?

Karen said...

I wasn't sure I like Bonnie's challenge block lozenge but your quilt is beautiful. Very nice finished quilts. I love your little Irish chain blocks. I also save 1 1/2" squares so maybe this is what I make with them. Have a good weekend hopefully sewing.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon your quilts are amazing my friend,you are so very clever,well done my friend xx

Debbie said...

There you go again...amazing us with all your projects! While I love the lozenges quilt, I would grab that bow tie in a heart beat! t has a story to tell about your sons.
that's a great Irish Chain....love that you do them small to surprise us :)

Barbara said...

Wonderful scrappy eye candy on your blog today. Great fun.

Needled Mom said...

That Bow Tie quilt is beautiful. I just love all of your scrappy goodness. Those center rails are going to be great too.

Julianne said...

Hey, if you arent dead set on keeping that Lozenges quilt, I know of a good home for it! Mine! Love it!

TheItinerantChemist said...

Those are all so charming! Love all the scrappy projects, it's very inspiring. :)

Kate said...

Lozenges turned out beautifully and so did your flannel quilt. You had a productive week!