Saturday, December 26, 2015

Slow Sunday Stitching

Slow Sunday Stitching

It's been a while since I joined Kathy with some slow stitching.  Being it is the last Sunday of the month as well as the last Sunday of the year - I best be joining in today.


Remember I found these?  With all of the machines put away, projects wrapped up for the year, inventory being done, and starting to list 2016 projects - these found projects will make for some much needed slow down time.


I finished this little one up over the last couple of days.  It only needed a little of the outer border done and the red in the house.  I have a heart template made from card stock to make a scrappy heart that I will needleturn applique' into that empty space.  After a good cleaning, this one will be ready for framing.  I actually have a nice wood frame that this will fit into.


So I am concentrating on this one from that 'Calendar' project booklet.  I know why this one sat - 8 colors missing.  You would think with all the floss boxes and tins I have, I would have them - NO.  But I will work this one up as much as possible for now.  I need to shop for floss, but will wait to see what is missing on the other project so I have a complete list.

It's been a hectic few days with the Holiday, why not join in with a little slow down.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

10 comments:

Debbie said...

Took my slow down yesterday....ready for a normal few days! Love your stitching projects.....they look so good!

Pauline G said...

Merry Xmas Sharon - love the projects and so nice to have thing so nice like these to slow down with!

Dana Gaffney said...

Enjoy your slow down it's sounds nice and soothing.

CathieJ said...

Sometimes it feels really good to finish a long standing project. I love both of those. Too bad about the missing floss. Go shopping and finish that wonderful picture. Amazing. How do you clean your stitchery? I have one that needs a good washing but I am afraid of ruining it.

Quilter Kathy said...

I just love the animal stitchery! I hope you can find the colours you need to finish it! Enjoy some slow stitching :)

Deb A said...

Enjoy the slow stitching. Love the little house stitchery.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I think we can all use a little slow stitching after the holiday. :) Your cross work is amazing!!!

Ivani said...

beautiful cross stitch projects, it is so good to find some time to relax and stitching between the holidays. Happy Stitching. Happy New Year!

Kate said...

Beautiful stitcheries! Hope you have more time for slow stitching now that the holiday is over. Looking forward to seeing what you have planed for 2016.

Needled Mom said...

With company leaving yesterday, I am looking forward to some slower days this week. Your stitching looks like the perfect slow stitching project.