Thursday, September 22, 2016

Mod Bear Paw QAL

Starts Sept 3rd

I totally forgot that yesterday was the first day of Fall.  I spent the day in the Catskill Mountains delivering quilts to the Hall of Fame Show.  I saw bits of color, but mostly yellows.   Being we are into a new season, it is appropriate to work a new QAL.  I LOVE this pattern!  And you can join in any time as Lorna will have instructions and progress link ups on-line thru out.


I'm going scrappy with this and have 6 blocks done.  The little centers will be constant and are a black with a real tiny dark grey dot.


I have 6 more blocks cut out and will grab some machine time along with catching up on some little bits of house work (has to be done and those furkids are on strike).

Have a great weekend,
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

13 comments:

Lorna McMahon said...

Your scrappy Bear Paw blocks are all looking grrrrreat! Those browns all go together so well! This is a quilt along so suited to your beautiful scraps!

sewyouquilt2 said...

hate it when the furkids dont pull their weight LOL this is going to be a pretty quilt. love it

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

My fur kids just leave me lots and lots of fur to clean up. They aren't any help at all;)

Summer said...

The blocks are pretty ♥

summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

Jeanna said...

Your bear paw blocks are so pretty, perfect points.

Lesley said...

Your blocks are looking great! The colours will be perfect to go along with your bear!

Needled Mom said...

I love the scrappy paws, Sharon. Very nice.

Sheila said...

Great bear paw blocks , I so want to do this but geez , I just have too much already on the go .

Denise :) said...

Wow, Sharon, your points are on point! This is a very fun pattern; but wow! that's a lot of bear claw blocks to make!!

Sewnwildoaks said...

I think I need to make one Sharon, in honor of the bears wandering around our cabin!

Kate said...

Looks like you got a good start. That is going to be such a fun quilt.

legato1958 said...

Your first blocks are perfect for your bear paw quilt!
Susie

Raewyn said...

I love your blocks; you've made a great start!