Saturday, October 29, 2016

Slow Sunday Stitching 10/30/16

Slow Sunday Stitching

I spent Saturday with the grandkids baking cookies, painting, glueing, sticker play, and general business.  Ill be joining in with KATHY for a wonderful day of slow stitching to catch my breath.


This is my second batch of Santas (pattern under my tutorial tab) and I want to finish up stitching down the hats and adding the hangers.  These work up so quickly and use up scraps of fabric.  Great for gifts, tie on a package or plate of cookies, or drape over a bottle of wine.


And I want to get started on hand stitching my flower baskets.  The long pins are temporary until I put the applique pins in on the underside.


Maybe I will even get two of them done.  I don't think they will take that long to do.  I am getting anxious to start the patchwork piecing, but don't want to start that until I have all the basket blocks ready.  Better get stitchin'!!

Enjoy some slow time today,
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

15 comments:

Nancy J said...

Lovely flowers, lots of hand stitching there, but what a great way to finish off the blocks.

Karen said...

Sounds like you had a fun time with the grandchildren. The Santas are adorable. The flowers look like a fun relaxing project. Enjoy your day.

Debbie said...

Like your basket of hexie flowers!Enjoy.

Karen said...

The Santas are so very cute. Perfect for ornaments either for a little tree or to add to a package.

Sarah said...

Looks like you'll have plenty of stitching for relaxing today!! I've got to do some house work this morning and then I'll be adding filler pieces to my hexie/owl quilt.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Love those Santa faces! So cute.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I have a whole bunch of hexi's made...you inspired me with your block today to pull them out and do something with them. (Love your santa's too!!)

Suze said...

The Santas are adorable and thanks for giving us the tutorial and telling us where it is. I love the hexies and basket. Great Sunday project.
Yesterday was Trunk or Treat at my church and the church where I tutor/mentor. One of my best friends who got me to tutor this year and I took my granddaughter to my church and walked with a 3 year old for over 2 hours. Then we went to her house and played cards with friends while my granddaughter watched Mickey Mouse Club. Then we went to the other church for just a short time. When I took her home, she just thanked and thanked me as it was 2 years ago yesterday that her husband died and she hadn't even thought about it when HIS family started texting her. Blessings to you.

Barbara said...

Those little Santas are so cute. I might have to make a few of them for friends.

Deb said...

Adorable Santas and the flower blocks are very pretty. Happy Stitching

Quilter Kathy said...

Santa is in the workshop making Santas :)
Enjoy your slow stitching today!

Needled Mom said...

Love those Santas!

Deb A said...

Glad you had fun with the grands.Your santa is adorable. Enjoy the stitching.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Nice Santas and applique projects. Keep on stitching!

Kate said...

Those Santas are darling! The basket with flowers is very pretty. Hope you got in lots of stitching time yesterday.