Sunday, July 30, 2017

Monday Making


Well I didn't get it quilted, but I did get the Two Step Mystery quilt into the flimsy stage.  Happily, this was all from gifted and my scraps married together.  The last border fabric came in the door recently and was perfect for this.  This will be another donation quilt for the Wounded Warrior Winter Games at Windham NY this December.


Now I can start something new.  I love any hue of blue and was digging around for more blues to add to Keven's Mystery when I came across this kit.


I bought this kit 3 years ago at an 80% discount - just for the fabric.  BUT with Sarah's 12 Day's of Christmas and the Trip Around the World quilt (which I cut fabric for) I decided that it was going to become the quilt intended and any left overs will go into the Mystery Quilt.  I can always make the other one another time.


The large pile of blues and other colors for Kevin's Mystery quilt.  Step two has come out so I might leader/ender that as I piece the TATW.  Multi-tasking at it's best!

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

13 comments:

Nancy J said...

Blues, my favourites in any shade. Lovely pile there, plenty to choose from.

Kate said...

The Two Step Mystery quilt turned about beautifully. I really like that deep green border. I'm a fan of just about any blue. Looking forward to seeing your blue scraps become blocks.

Debbie said...

What a great finish for the Wounded Warriors....good quilt for a good vet. All your blues are beautiful.....anyway you sew them will be good!

Dana Gaffney said...

I like the two step quilt, those colors are beautiful and that border showing up just in time makes it perfect. Beautiful blues you have there.

jann said...

lots of mystery quilts! Love how the first turned out...such beautiful colors together. good luck on the next.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Your Two-Step is wonderful, love your colors! Please share a pic on our Flickr group.

Carol Swift said...

Your quilt turned out so beautiful...love the fabrics!

Barbara said...

Love that Two-Step. Pretty colors. Your blues are gorgeous too.

Quilter Kathy said...

Your mystery quilt is so beautiful... makes me wish I had sewn that, but there are just not enough hours in the day! i am enjoying sewing Kevin's mystery and am doing that mostly as leader-enders.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love your flimsy! Your blues are wonderful.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Wow--80% off a bundle of blues? Jackpot! Looks like you are going to make good use of those bargain fabrics!

AnnieO said...

Very pretty mystery quilt--love the striped border. I seldom sew with blue and have very little of it in my stash, but recently have enjoyed making a blue and white quilt, with a bit of rust thrown in. Enjoy your well aged kit!

Sarah said...

Leader/enders are the best thing since sliced bread!! Love that first quilt - I'm sure it will b greatly appreciated.