Friday, September 15, 2017

Finishing & Fun


I'm am so much happier with this finish for the Temecula Quilt Co Marvelous Monday Minis.  It's sandwiched and ready for some hand quilting.  I have machine quilted the Baptist Fan, but never hand - now is the time because I think it is perfect for this one. 


All of the rosettes finished so far have been appliqued to the backgrounds and now two rows are ready.  This is such a fun project and I used SARAH'S idea of laying out left to right one row and then right to left the next row.  That way the 'temperatures' flow with the year.


Our guild had a Summer challenge of making library totes for one of our local libraries.  Friday we presented 44 totes.  Pictured from left to right are Kathy Livingston - guild Program Chair, Catherine Caiazzo - Head Librarian, Me - guild President, and Stephanie Liddle - guild Historian.
We had a few members absent our first meeting from Summer break, so I am quessing we will have a bit more to contribute.

We, also, got to watch a little reading group present at the time and the children got to have first pick from the totes.  It was fun to watch them select the 'right' one, silly pose for a photo, and then proudly march out the door with Moms to take their prize home.


We gave the option of members to create a tote using Jelly Rolls or own strips to participate in the Project Jelly Roll with Moda and our picture was submitted to their web page with story.


Since it is National Jelly Roll Day, I plan to play.  This JR (Whitewashed Cottage by 3 Sisters) has been sitting on my shelf for years (?).  I won this participating in an on-line event and sadly so long ago I don't remember which one.  It's not really my color palette, but it will make for a nice donation quilt.  I plan a quick JR Race quilt so I have a day's flimsy finish as I have some commission work coming in and need to buckle down.

Today is a day for fun,
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

12 comments:

sewyouquilt2 said...

you go girl! jelly roll on........I have a blue top from a jelly roll race and I cant wait to get it quilted up after the holidays love those library totes and your mini Monday quilt is gorgeous!

Debbie said...

Your mini top is wonderful...and those rosettes are looking so pretty! The library totes is a very neat project to share patchwork....know the kids will enjoy them. Love the whitewashed jelly roll and it will be perfect for a race quilt.

Barbara said...

The mini top turned out great! My blocks are with me, but probably won't get any sewing done for a while.

Vireya said...

Your temperature hexies look good all together.

Kate said...

The mini turned out beautifully. Enjoy your stitching time with that one. The temperature hexies are such fun.

Sheila said...

Love how the mini quilt worked out. The dark border pulled it all together nicely. Love, love, LOVE the Library totes!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Both projects are wonderful. You're making me want to sew...grin. Hope it works.

Fishing Record of Clark Lozier said...

Your Monday mini is great what size did you make your sashing and borders?

Christine M said...

Looks like you've been keeping yourself busy, Sharon. Your rosettes are looking lovely. xx

Sheila said...

Your quilt is beautiful and I am loving the temperature quilt as well. Oh what a fantastic idea for the library , that will be so appreciated by those who use them .

Dasha said...

Lovely idea to make those totes. Bet the kids were grinning from ear to ear when given one.

quilter000 said...

Sharon I love your setting for the Temecula blocks and the little hexie are adorable . The jelly roll day was a great success for your guild! love all your work!