Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Scrappy Wednesday


The latest temperature rosette built from scraps.  As you can see, we have been on the cold side.  I pulled a few bits of darker Aqua and even some blues and added them to the shoe tote that homes this project.  71,70,60,61,53,74,68


I'm working thru Clue# 3 of the Sapphire Mystery - a few more for the right side, then press, and then chain away the left side. 


Moe is still finding napping in my blues to be delightful and since Kevin released a 'bonus' clue for some bits, I will pull those from my barrel system.  Why cut bigger pieces down, when I have the size right here!


Just to show they are done - two strip bags from scraps.  The little sweetie can pick the one she likes and the other I will give to my granddaughter - who loves pink and purple, too.  I chose to make velcro closures instead of buttons/holes for little fingers to handle better.  BUT, I will go thru my stash of buttons and add something cute - just for fun.

Keep the prayers flowing for Texas and Florida,
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon  

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Such pretty colors for your temperature rosette. I'm definitely enjoying the cooler weather - it's time to pull out some gold and bright greens for the cooler temps. Enjoy your mystery clues!

sewyouquilt2 said...

loving your temperature quilt and the strip bags are adorable.

Vireya said...

Your temperatures are dropping! I'm still waiting for ours to rise, but I'm sure we will cross in the middle sometime soon.

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

Those temperature hexagons are so much fun. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished quilt. I'll be starting a temperature afghan in a few weeks.

Kate said...

It has been cool in your neck of the woods. We'll get a warm up for this weekend. The little bags are really cute.