Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Best of 2017 Linky Party

Meadow Mist Designs

I'm joining in with Cheryl's 'best of' party this year.  She's listed some very simple rules and it's your own creativity and share of your year.


I would have to say my largest numbers of comments and visits are not to one particular post, but to my regular Scrappy Wednesday post in general.  The most popular is the Meadow's Mountains quilt and I shared the tutorial HERE.  I was looking to use up some of those greens, which that tote is still over flowing.


I limited my vending in 2017 to mostly Heritage Artist featured events.  A number of these were at museums that also featured 'living demos'.  A new place for me was the Bronk Museum.  I will be doing the same for the the new year as I much prefer these venues.


I took some classes this year on new-to-me techniques.  I loved the mixture of the Flower Pounding - nature, textures, color, experimenting, and wrap it up with fabric/thread.  I plan to revisit this technique in the Spring when things begin to sprout.

 

This wasn't about the POST, but about the event.  My dear bloggy friend and family on their year long venture around the USA in their RV.  I was one of their stops!  BARBARA @ CatPatches blogged about her visit with us much better than I did.  I am not able to travel like this, so enjoying their journey thru Barb's wonderful camera skills and delightful descriptions.

 

The highlight of the year - being inducted into the Catskill Mountain Quilters Hall of Fame.  My mother is an inductee and we are the first mother/daughter (30 yrs between inductions).  The post can be found HERE.


My outlook to 2018 will be FOCUS.  I will travel a lot being the newly elected President of Hall of Fame.  I would like to take a few more classes on new techniques - loom weaving fabrics is in the near future.  I will be just vending or demonstrating at Heritage venues.  I really need to get that long arm on the frame and the sewing room set up.  That translates into re-organizing, which seems I am constantly doing as I have a constant 'gifting' of scraps into the home.  

I, also, have two big quilt shows in 2018 to prepare for - one of which I am chairing.  AND I have my first ever trunk show in 2018.

Please be sure to visit the others,
Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

13 comments:

Barbara said...

Aw...I'm so happy to have made the cut! It was wonderful meeting you and your mom and seeing all your beautiful quilts. Really enjoyed it, and this post. A happy trip down memory lane.

Debbie said...

What a wonderful, full year you have had! And your feature and future plans for next year sounds almost as busy. I so enjoy all your inspiration and send you the best wishes for a new year. Enjoy!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Congratulations, Sharon!! What an honor!! Happy New Year.

MissPat said...

Wow, 2018 looks to be very busy, but I know you will handle it all in your most proficient manner. Happy New Year.
Pat

Kate said...

What a fun and eventful year. Another congrats on all the awards this year. Wishing lots of happy stitching in 2018.

Kristi said...

Blessing to you! Thank you for sharing your quilting journey. Sounds like you have a fun year ahead of you!

Eat Sleep Quilt said...

2017 was quite a year of "doing" for you, thanks for sharing. I had forgotten I put your Meadows Mountains quilt on my to-do list, it's such a lovely quilt. Best wishes for a successful 2018!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Great post!!! You already know I love your quilts, but you are a great computer friend as well.

Sarah said...

Me thinks you are going to be quite busy in 2018!!
One bite of the elephant at a time...

Cheryl said...

Great post, it sounds you are going to have an excellent (and busy) 2018!

Dawn said...

Congratulations on your Hall of Fame award! I love the quilt you are standing in front of in the award photo!

Lorna McMahon said...

Congratulations on all of your successes from this year, Sharon! From reading this post, it sounds as if you had a lot of fun... And that's what it's all about! Wishing you a very Happy New Year and looking forward to seeing you again in 2018!

Kate @ Smiles From Kate said...

Congratulations on all your achievements. Your Meadows Mountains quilt is lovely, great colours and congrats on your presidency too. You have had a most wonderful year.